Old
01-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Richiebottles
S L O W | M A G I C

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
WhiskeySeven I agree with you. Gauthier is a much smarter man than most here realize, and I admire the balls he's showing by doing what's right and reloading.

And I prefer to call it a 1 year reload, since I don't think much retooling is necessary. I hope the plan is to tank this year, draft Galchenyuk since I think a top 4 pick is very realistic, and through the trade and free agency markets remake the team and be back into the playoffs by next year. I don't think it'll require all that much. Trading guys like Gill, Kaberle, Campoli, Moen, and Kostitsyn will help in all aspects of the reload. We have keepers up front (especially if we can add Galchenyuk), and some keepers on D and a keeper in net. The future is bright.

Basically the guys I'll be looking to retool around are as follows:

FORWARDS

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Galchenyuk
Leblanc-Eller-Gallagher
Bourque-Desharnais-Cole
White

Emelin-Subban
Tinordi-Gorges
Beaulieu

Price

I think there is a real nice mixture of young talent and veteran presents to make this as and as painless as possible. Tank this year and be back competing next year. I'm not sold on Cunny though.
That lineup looks good. I would add a physical top 6 Winger but other than that the Habs will be a good team soon.

Richiebottles is online now   Reply With Quote