View Single Post
Old
01-14-2012, 12:46 AM
MXD

vCash: 500
Habs fan, coming in peace.

I saw Gatineau against Baie-Comeau.

Noreau is impressive, but... I don't know, he's a guy that screams "will need quite a few years in the AHL if he's ever to make it". Doesn't have the skill to make an impact, and his defensive game is raw (to say the least). He's physical, and good thing is, defensive abilities are something you learn with experience. But he's certainly not there yet. The good thing also -- his skating is much less awkward than advertised, and he kept it really safe and made no mistake. Surprising shot -- that's where his assist came from. He took a pretty stupid penalty while crease-clearing... a 5'6 winger, but, all in all, he's probably the 2nd best D-Men overall in Baie-Comeau, and that team is actually better than its record suggests (they play in an absolutely crazy division in which ALL teams were actually buyers at the deadline, which explain their slightly-above-.500 record).

All in all, a very good 5th rounder, but I just think that he if makes it, it will take a while, due to the fact that he's playing defense.

Last edited by MXD: 01-14-2012 at 12:54 AM.