View Single Post
Old
01-14-2012, 12:19 AM
sa cyred
Offseason...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryzgalovsky View Post
people hate read because he's 25, apparently if you do well at age 25 it's too late to mean anything
Im probably Read's biggest fan on here (been pumping him up since I saw him play his first AHL game. Was one of the few people who said he was going to make the team out of camp) but I dont think he is untouchable. I wont be too happy if he is traded, for I do think a player who can score goals, put up some points and be one of the teams best defensive players (I dont think anyone would disagree there. Couturier and him (along with Talbot) are probably the teams best). He is also making just 900k where his value towards the team is more than trade wise.

That being said, I think the word untouchable is thrown around way to much. The only guy I think is untouchable is Giroux. Next to him, I think, would be Couturier. To watch a 19 yr old play like he is already a vet in the league is hard to come by nowadays. That along with him being the team's best defensive player at a young age (and with his offensive skill) I think he going to be solid in a few years.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote