Thread: Speculation: Schneider Available???
View Single Post
Old
01-14-2012, 07:39 AM
Friedrich
This is not my hat.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanucks View Post
How is unproven? Just wondering from a another teams perspective. Some people in Vancouver see him differently and is actually a better option than the current #1 guy. It would be interesting to see from an outside perspective what makes him unproven
Personally I think he stays until the off season.

Would he be any worse than the current guy you have? Also, wouldnt it be better to get a goalie who has played on a winner and knows what it takes to be a winner, and already has that work ethic?

How do you upgrade your current G situation if you dont want to trade for an unproven or a proven goalie?
He said he didn't want to trade a very high-valued center prospect for a goalie. Not that he wouldn't trade for a goalie at all.

I like the Vokun idea. Plus we have a lot of money coming off the cap next year.

It baffles me how we traded or lost to UFA our two best defensive defensemen (not that that says much) and replace both of them with.... Martinek. I was never for trading Klesla especially. Now he's 1-7-8 +5 in 38 games. Halfway through our miserable season last year he was 3-7-10 +10. I think he would have complimented Wiz nicely.

Anyway, I agree with Blah. It doesn't make any sense that Van would trade Schneider, especially at the deadline when he's RFA and they're making a run. It would make more sense to wait until the end of the season and trade Luongo.

Friedrich is offline   Reply With Quote