View Single Post
Old
01-14-2012, 09:45 AM
MsWoof

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksave27 View Post
I don't think fighters are a deterrent anymore. Nobody has to fight shelley. Yeah, sesito can actually play hockey so thats good. But rinaldo might actually be more of a deterrent, if he's on the bench and you cheap shot a flyer, Rinaldo is going to make multiple someones pay, not with fighting, but with his clean but devastating body checks. He's really learned how to play on the edge but not hurt his team, and the guy just loves to check, tries hard to play D. Nobody has surprised me more than Rinaldo this year, he's a perfect 4th liner.
Yet another reason to send Shelley the hell down to the AHL and keep Rinaldo up, and in the lineup a bit more often. The days of the goon who can't do anything else are dwindling and who else on the Flyers is willing to fight, or at least to be a deterrent? Hartnell, but you don't want him fighting much, Simmonds, he's not that scary either, on defence, who would fight? Maybe Coburn but he did nothing even though he was on the ice for that shift. Reminds me a bit of what happened to Ryan Miller when none of his teammates came to his aid against Lucic.

Last year, I remember Giroux cleanly laid out a player and was immediately jumped. Carter ended up fighting the guy. That's the kind of thing I like to see, even though he was obviously not a fighter. At least he tried, which is more than can be said about most of the current roster.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote