Thread: Speculation: Schneider Available???
View Single Post
Old
01-14-2012, 11:19 AM
GScott

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanucks View Post
How is unproven? Just wondering from a another teams perspective. Some people in Vancouver see him differently and is actually a better option than the current #1 guy. It would be interesting to see from an outside perspective what makes him unproven
Personally I think he stays until the off season.

Would he be any worse than the current guy you have? Also, wouldnt it be better to get a goalie who has played on a winner and knows what it takes to be a winner, and already has that work ethic?

How do you upgrade your current G situation if you dont want to trade for an unproven or a proven goalie?
Funny thing is much of the same was said 3 years ago about another goalie. In fact he went on to win the Calder. How has that worked out? As many have said Schneider is unproven because he has yet to be "the guy" and play an entire season. Mason played better and for a longer stretch only to crumble under the pressure of being the franchise goalie. No guarantee Schneider will fare any better.

With that said there is no way I would trade Johansen or the #1 pick for Schneider or any other goalie. A serviceable goalie can be had during free agency. With a competent defense the CBJ do not need an elite goal tender and I certainly wouldn't give up what little offense they have to get one.

GScott is offline   Reply With Quote