View Single Post
Old
01-14-2012, 11:35 AM
Yelnats Puc
Brust 'em up!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyMacSen View Post
I just hope Lehner isn't coasting cause he thinks he'll be playing in Ottawa next year regardless (I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but its worth some speculation I think).
Ultimately, regardless of the hype that's been generated for him and the success he's had in the past couple of years, he's still 20 years old. For a point of perspective, most CHL drafted goalies his age would be playing in their first AHL season this year. He's already won Playoff MVP in the AHL, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a lot to work on. It's easy to look at last season's playoffs and get impatient waiting for the day when Lehner makes the NHL, but just remember he's still quite young, and most goalies don't get their break until they are 22-23, so he's got a lot of development time ahead of him.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see another goalie drafted. 2 years ago the organization was pretty clear they weren't considering it, but last year they seemed much more open to the idea, but I suppose didn't get the chance to draft one they were interested in.

Yelnats Puc is offline   Reply With Quote