View Single Post
Old
01-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Pentothal
Listen with one ear

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerupmurray View Post
The only thing that worrie me about swedish hockey is that very few young forwards are scoring at a good pace in NHL. When/if we see a lot of youngish swedes playing in top-6 roles putting up a lot of points I will join the "swedish hockey devlopment is fantastic" bandwagon. Until then I agree that we have a lot of promising d-men and goalies, still few heirs to the Forsbergs and Sundins of this world.
Couldn't agree more. I'm waiting for the superstar forwards before planning the parade. We're almost looking to become the international equivalent of Nashville at this point. The depth is better than ever, but there is only so many NHL second liners that you need. A legit first line forward is worth so much more in a competition like the Winter Olympics.

Here's hoping that Swedes really are late developers still and that some of the younger guys like Landeskog, Zibanejad, Forsberg, Collberg etc. really pan out as legit stars.

I'm very hopeful, but as you I'll wait to jump on the bandwagon until we see some more results.

Defense looking absolutely tremendous though, it has to be said. Goalie development is also better than ever so there are definitely reasons to be optimistic.

Pentothal is offline   Reply With Quote