Thread: Speculation: Schneider Available???
View Single Post
Old
01-14-2012, 12:19 PM
CrazyCanucks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
I think maybe there isn't clarity on the point at hand....It's not about not wanting Schneider (if it is, those people are crazy), it's about not giving up a player like Johansen to get him. Have you seen the difference in defense play between the two teams (and I'm not just talking the 6 defensemen although there is a huge discrepancy there too). I'm sure Schneider would help maks some of our significant defensive difficiencies, however, it is only one piece. The other is having a future franchise Center which many of us believe Johansen will be.

Two independent things here. Yes to Schneider, no to moving Johansen from this fans perspective.
So what would be a good goalie to focus in on? Going back to the UFA list I posted earlier, there is not a whole lot out there. Either they are all older, like 34 and above, or career backups. Ray Emery is only 29, and he has proven to be a good goalie in the past. Other than that, not sure if Nabakov day's are past him or not, but he would be the other ok looking one.

CrazyCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote