View Single Post
Old
01-14-2012, 12:19 PM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
You can apply "facts" to anything.

If Kessel's price tag was too high, we should have traded one of our many $4+ million men to make room for him.

I'm just using Kessel as an example. It's not limited to him. Now that Poile almost has a mandate to improve the team from Suter/Weber, we are in a tricky position. 1) It's out of Poile's comfort zone to make a big move, unless for a deadline rental. 2) Our options are likely limited because we've put it off for so long.
So rob Peter to pay Paul? And I'm not talking about Forsberg and McCann. So let me get this straight, Poile was supposed to make a move for a RFA who wasn't under contract by trading Wilson and some other prospects, move a $4+ million dollar salary to another team and negotiate a deal for Kessel that would've paid him big money and if he failed to do so, other teams could've offered him a contract and we lose out on Kessel and our prospects. That is career suicide if you're a GM. I like your renegade style and approach but for a team built on limited salary, development and drafting, we couldn't take risks at that point. I think we need to make a move now, trade a few prospects and get an elite forward, even if it's a rental.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote