View Single Post
Old
12-25-2005, 02:24 PM
JrHockeyFan

vCash: 500
Still small

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry-Dogg
They have been going crazy with this last time they had marches, and people signing donation slips saying they'd donate so much if the memorial cup and so on, Sarnia will have a great team in 3 years, and the Sarnia Sports and Entertianment Centre has i beleve 200 higher Capacity than Guelph's arena so that clearly can't really be an issue, if your thinking of Sarnia Arena it's small (2,700) but they haven't played there since 96-97 they build a whole new complex to support jr. hockey (5,500) and they've made it clear they're gonna go through the same whole process they went through last time, not to say they're going to get it but i can guarentee they'll be the finalists, and i can also say it will go to either sarnia or a team in the east no western team as far as i know is even going to enter a bid except for Sarnia.
I am aware of the new rink. The only point I was trying to make concerned the guaranteed "profit" required. They seem to keep kicking that up every year. Somebody has to make good on that guarantee. Is the city going to cover that?