View Single Post
Old
01-14-2012, 02:01 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
From the HockeyBuzz Nucks blogger:

"Yesterday morning the Wild put local kid, Colton Gillies on waivers so they could send him to the AHL to get some confidence back. I would grab Gillies in a second, and it's not just because he's a local kid. I was a fan of the kid in 07 at the draft because he has all the tools to be a very solid NHL player. I doubt he'll ever be anything more than a 15-20 goal guy at the NHL level, but he has outstanding work ethic, great size, is willing to finish every hit, and he can fight a bit.

In my opinion, Gillies would be an upgrade on Weise and Duco for the fourth line energy role because he's bigger than Duco and tougher than Weise. Gillies is also a pretty decent penalty killer and is a better option than both Weise or Duco in that role. Add to that, Gillies only comes with a 625,000 cap hit for this year and next and you have a perfect player to as Mike Gillis said, "balance the roster"."

Don't know much about the kid, but if someone who watches the Canucks regularly thinks he could help them, I'm willing to believe he'll help us!

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote