View Single Post
Old
01-14-2012, 02:50 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Yea it was hockey murder. But again people make mistakes. Watching his presser, as mad as I was at the guy, you know it was a heat of the moment thing and something he probably STILL lives with today. Yes, yes, you can say because the guy he hurt can't play anymore, he shouldn't be able to. But again I don't think it's fair to make him a villain for the rest of his life. I am sure he does that himself.

I feel for Steve Moore way more then Todd Bertuzzi, but none the less, I wish people would forgive and forget.

it is asking a lot though, I will admit.
I'd forgive him much easier if he weren't making millions coasting around in the NHL. If that occurred outside a hockey rink, he would still be in prison. Ruining a man's life and disabling him permanently over nothing is not just something you can laugh off as an "in the heat of the moment" event. It would be much easier to forgive if he was actually punished, but he really wasn't. The suspension was negated and he still became richer with no consequence legally.

I mean, imagine if that happened you to. You have a silly argument at a bar, someone breaks your neck over it. You are no longer capable of working and lose your job. The other guy was supposed to be punished, but there was some sort of strike. In the end, no legal repercussions come to him and he just forfeits 1/4 of his salary and goes on his merry way as a mutli-millionaire. It would not be easy to forgive. I doubt you would be singing the same tune and wishing him the best.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter