View Single Post
Old
12-26-2005, 03:20 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upchuck19
Everyone is writing off the Canadians and I sure wouldn't. Thursday night the Canadians hit the crap out of Russians and they folded in a 8-1 game. Sure Malkin didn't play but the Canadians are a real lunch bucket team with some potential snipers. Johnaton Towes is as highly ranked as Kessell in next years NHL draft so I don't think the American writers should be getting too excited.

Canucks pospect Schneider really sucked in goal last year for the Americans and is no way near as good as Canadian starter Justin Pogge. This will be a very interesting New Years Eve when the Americans and Canada face off, it could be a classic.

Canada has the best coach not in the NHL, Sutter is a better hockey man than most of the current NHL coaches.

All I know is this will be a great tounament, but aren't they all!
Now to be fair, Schneider was thrown out in mop-up duty, and you can't really say he's "not nearly as good as Justin Pogge." Schneider is a year older, will be coming in AS the starter, and has been excellent in the NCAA. As far as the Canadians putting the beating on the Russians...the level-headed Canadian fans will tell you that the Russians didn't seem to be skating very hard or really even trying. Even going back to various Olympics, the Russians show up when the tournament begins. I don't think you saw the REAL Russian team. Time will tell for everything.