Old
11-07-2003, 10:01 AM
gopreds98

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to gopreds98
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsMan
I'm on the same page with most of you, but let me bring this up:

I was thinking the same thing regarding our lack of physical play. It was absent until the 3rd period. It baffled me that Trotz kept Tootoo/Upshall/Mckenzie on the bench most of the night.

Then, in his post-game press conference, he said (paraphrase) " We were controlling the play in the first 2 periods, and were matching up well with them. When we went down 3-2 I started using Upshall's group more, they gave us a spark"

That's what I don't understand. Trotz has been preaching about setting the tone..being pro-active, instead of reactive...but yet he makes them do that.

This is really the first time I have thought that Trotz judgement was poor.

Thank you....that is exactly what I was feeling.

And I do give credit to Vancouver. They're a great team, and one of my favorite teams to watch in the league.

But I'm still of the opinion that if we brought in all these new players to add a more physical dimension, then we ought to be playing that way every night. The idea that we don't want to wake up Vancouver with chippy play didn't work out too well for us, did it? But the minute we started getting physical, they started retaliating and getting sent to the box. I think we're WAY better when we're physical, and so should always play that way. Plus, it's more fun to watch.

When you're a young team, consistency is always going to be a problem. But how can you improve that when the coach isn't even keeping a consistent team identity. (We won't even get into the consistency of linemates.)