View Single Post
Old
01-15-2012, 09:36 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
Holland may be better than we thought. Did a search on the Calgary boards this morning and you tbe. Here are some comments from last summer's WJC Camp-

I just like everything he does, said Team Canada head scout Kevin Prendergast. He plays well at both ends of the ice. Hes an excellent skater. Hes a smart hockey player. Hes one of those players were looking at as a bottom-six forward kind of thing.

He can kill penalties. If need be, he skates well enough that he can play in the top-six.

Holland, 19, is willing to play any role at all if it means a spot on Team Canada at the IIHF world junior hockey championships starting on Boxing Day in Edmonton and Calgary. After the initial shock of the invitation wore off, he began to see how his versatility might pay off on the biggest national stage for a junior hockey player.

I can do anything they want, I guess, he said. In junior, I pretty much play all roles. I feel like Im a pretty well-rounded player. Im not a fighter. I dont hammer guys out on the ice. But I can play a fine checking role. I can create energy pretty well. I kill penalties on a regular basis.

So I guess I can step into any role they want.

A clip...stands up for teammate. Ross is a tough guy, shows lots of heart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNMVFalJCZ4
I like the idea of Holland playing on our 3rd 4th line. As for the clip, good for him for stepping in, but he was safe going at it with Ross. They're good friends and Ross wouldn't have hurt him.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote