View Single Post
Old
01-15-2012, 10:16 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK46Awesome View Post
The examples you gave where all done by a different GM (except for Kostitsyn) , the problem with Sergei was that his unhappiness with the coach was affecting Andrei as well and the GM thought it would be easier to trade then deal with which I kind of disagree with because you could see the talent oozing from Sergei and the return was terrible. However in the Pierre Gauthier era you can see a small change in philosophy , acquiring bigger players to complement our smaller skill players (Cole , Eller , Bourque). I personally have no problem with the recent history of Pierre Gauthier I often find he is blammed unfairly for issues caused by Gainey (not justifying his mistakes but the tragedies involving his family were quite evidently bothering his work life). Kaberle his a high risk / high reward the kind of player that works well in a system , yes he sucked in Carolina however how many of our fan base would have cried if he would have been picked up by someone else and regained his form (it's just what we needed to kick start our pp they would cry).

The point I'm clearly trying to make is that Gauthier isn't so bad and that some of the criticism is just unfair. I believe without a doubt that with Markov in the line-up we would be where Ottawa is right now if not better.

Imagine this

Cole-Plekanec-Pacioretty
Bourque-Gomez-Gionta
A.K-Eller-Moen
Blunden-Noki-White

Markov-Subban
Kaberle-Gorges
Diaz-Gill
(Weber).

This line-up would be playoff worthy , but injuries will happen (part of the game) and this year we just don't have that luck factor in regards to injuries. (see : Penguins , Buffalo , Edmonton , Flyers , list goes on...).
Gomez over Desharnais is hilarious.

Gill over Emelin is equally as disgusting although playoff Gill is good.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote