View Single Post
Old
01-15-2012, 10:16 AM
sina220*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Nashville isn't getting enough of a return. We need a top 3 like you say and Staal isn't one. He's a top 6 and not the big time scorer we'd be looking for. It's basically swapping Staal for Fisher. Martin is a good player but do he, Kennedy and a pick make up for Suter? I don't really think it does.

I think if Nashville and Anaheim are trading partners, Nashville is looking at Ryan/Beauchemin for Suter/Blum and a prospect. That would be my guess. Fills needs for both teams. Anaheim gets a true number 1, Nashville gets a top 3 and a defenseman that can replace Suter to some degree. Honestly, if I'm Poile, I'd be looking to land Perry. While I think Ryan is talented, Perry is a game breaker.
youre shortselling staals value a ton, esp to an organization like yours. His age and what he's done thus far literally put him ahead of Kessler at this age. Its not like he's done developing yet. And he already outproduces fisher in a role that he gets less pp time.

Its more like Staal, martin, and the pick (how bout a conditional 1st if radulov comes over, the 2nd if he doesn't) for suter and radulovs rights. Kennedy and fisher swap out.

sina220* is offline   Reply With Quote