View Single Post
Old
01-15-2012, 10:55 AM
WeekendAtBernies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
Yeah, Bryz has looked so good.

I like the Carter trade, but trading Richards, from a hockey perspective wasn't clever.
He's still better than anyone we have except Giroux, his points this year wouldn't be the same with us. He's playing for the freaking Kings, afterall.
But I get why he was traded, he probably would have been sour if he sticked around just because Carter was shipped out.
Just to say we are better off without him isn't true, you look at the way we play defense and you recognize that we miss someone like him.
Richards played with guys like Anze Kopitar and Dustin Brown for much of his time in LA so far. He also played on the first powerplay w/ defensemen like Doughty and Johnson. Acting like the Kings are terrible is a total joke. For most of his time there, he played w/ better teammates than he would've had he been in Philadelphia.

Had he still been here, he would've likely been Centering some line consisting of (injured) JVR or Read on the LW and Voracek on the RW. I think JVR will be amazing down the line after he gets whatever surgery he needs and recovers and I think Voracek is promising, but there's no doubt in my mind that Kopitar and Brown blow both of those guys out of the water.