View Single Post
Old
01-15-2012, 01:13 PM
mirimon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar65 View Post
Let's give Bourdon a chance to develop into that stay-at-home, tough d-man. I think he has the tools and is developing nicely. Of course he is going to have games where he makes rookie mistakes, but the best thing to do is let him play through it.
Bourdon might stay even if we add another dman. The fight for the 6th spot is between him and Gustafsson I imagine, and right now Bourdon has the upper hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
This team needs to adress the future on the blueline. Especially top pairing defenseman. Gleason and Matt Greene are neither. Snarl? I want guys who can play the postion. A guy who can play 25 minutes a night on the top pairing. I like Gleason, but for a long term plan? no.
For this year, I think Gleason will do just fine. I don't think Nashville will trade Suter until after the playoffs, and then it is Gleason/Beauchemin that intrigues me the most of the upcoming UFA's.

Suter is definitely option A in the summer however, but if we can't land him it wouldn't be a bad idea to add some snarl to the blueline. We're not the most physical unit in front of our own net right now.

Hopefully Pronger can come back, and we land Suter though...

Pronger-Suter
Timonen-Coburn
Meszaros-Bourdon/Gustafsson/Marshall/Bartulis
Lilja

that would be awesome

if it's clear that Pronger won't be able to play next year as well, we might need to add another dman though. Grossman from Dallas? Brings nothing offensively, but is tough and big and will probably come fairly cheap. Not so sure I'd like to count on two of the /ies to be able to play full time next year.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote