View Single Post
Old
01-15-2012, 02:41 PM
dookie88

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
Richards played with guys like Anze Kopitar and Dustin Brown for much of his time in LA so far. He also played on the first powerplay w/ defensemen like Doughty and Johnson. Acting like the Kings are terrible is a total joke. For most of his time there, he played w/ better teammates than he would've had he been in Philadelphia.

Had he still been here, he would've likely been Centering some line consisting of (injured) JVR or Read on the LW and Voracek on the RW. I think JVR will be amazing down the line after he gets whatever surgery he needs and recovers and I think Voracek is promising, but there's no doubt in my mind that Kopitar and Brown blow both of those guys out of the water.
Philadelphia Flyers GF/G 3.35 - 2nd in NHL
Los Angeles Kings GF/G 2.18 - 30th in NHL

If you follow the Kings semi-regularly should've realised a long time ago that scoring goals isn't their thing.
Richards right now is on pace for roughly 50 points, although being their most consistant/best forward when he played.

Imo, it's a given that Richards would have a solid year with us, no mather on which line you put him, he always produced. He played last season with Nodl, Carcillo and Versteeg and still managed to put up 66 points.

The Flyers also didn't save that much cap-space on those deals.
Carter and Richards combined for a cap-hit of roughly $11m.
Simmonds, Schenn, Couturier and Voracek combine for $8.4m.

Bryzgalov could've been signed without trading the duo, Homer even said it.

I personally like Simmonds and Schenn, but imo neither has the impact of Richards and it's highly unlikely that either will get to his level.

Regarding the cap-hit.
Voracek has to be resigned after this season. Judging from his play I'd say he's getting $3m starting next season.
Simmonds contract is up after next season, if he continues to develop and play like he showed in his first 40 games in orange, look for another $3m player.
There goes your cap-space.

Last edited by dookie88: 01-15-2012 at 02:49 PM.