View Single Post
Old
01-15-2012, 03:55 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
Hopefully the read option will not be as big of a play for us next season. I think that with a year of practice we can start to use that play less and less.

We need to build around Tebow for the time being. There are no QBs available worth it when we are going to pick. So let Tebow have a full year if we fail, we fail and move on if not great.

We need some offensive weapons. Demariyus Thomas is a star in the making (Brandon Marshall without the issues), but after that we are pretty weak at WR Decker is more of a #3 or slot/possession type guy, so we could use another WR. RB is position of concern McGahee had an awesome year but is old, would really like to get one of the top RBs in the draft. Also we could use a play-making TE look how much Hernandez and Gronk killed the Broncos we have that on our squad Fells sucks so does Rosario, that Julian Thomas kid is interesting but as NE showed us its not bad to have 2 playmaking TEs. Offensive line will be fine once Kuper is healed, they looked bad the other night but that was mainly due to Clark really sucking, the regulars looked fine.

On defense you got to make the DL better. Getting Ty Warren back will help but we need to find help there. We also need a MLB Mays can make big hits, but he is one of the worst middle line-backers I have ever seen. Our safeties still suck, Moore is awful, he can't tackle, Bruton is awful, #36 is awful, Carter seems ok, maybe he can get better, but really need a Dawkins type enforcer back there and we just don't have it. Corner is also a concern, Champ is Champ but Goodman looked old last night. For years we have been searching for someone to play opposite of Champ, we still don't have anyone.
Rosario is fine as far as 4th string wideouts go.

I think a wide receiver depth chart of Thomas/Royal/Decker is fine, though we might need some more size at that position. Not saying you're wrong, just that there are bigger needs.