View Single Post
Old
01-15-2012, 05:22 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMonahan View Post
I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU EVEN BROUGHT UP JOHNSON.
Why? The guy is pretty much the most skilled receiver in the league.

Quote:
Just trust me, all the guys on ESPN said this last year. Up until THIS YEAR, he had ONE OF THE WORST OFFENSIVE LINES IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL. IN THE HISTORY.
I trust you. That O-line was pretty atrocious.

Quote:
Also, Andre Johnson has been injured OR playing injured for the most of his time as a Houston Texan.
When you say "his time as a Houston Texan", do you mean his entire NFL career? He's only played for Houston.

And no, he's had a fairly healthy career. He missed a good chink of this year, yes... but the guy has played at least 13 games in every year but two in his 9 year career. He's had 5 1000+ yard receiving seasons. Why WOULDN'T I bring up Johnson? The guy has the potential to be a Hall of Fame receiver. I'm sorry, but he's in the discussion.

Quote:
And name me a competent #2 receiver that the Texans have had. It's a lot harder to throw to Johnson when he is in Double or Triple Coverage, but lets face it, teams are not intimidated by the almighty Kevin Walter.
Yeah, Kevin Walter isn't exactly Super Threat 3000 out there on the field. My point was, I'd cut a QB some slack if they had NO good receiving options, but the Texans have ALWAYS had at least one legit-every-year-Pro-Bowl WR on the roster. I'm not saying Schaub is the product of Johnson, or vice-versa. In fact, that was my point: the WR corps has never been so bad as to be a detriment to Schaub, nor so good that you could say the receivers are a direct result of Schaub's great numbers.

Quote:
Schaub was voted the most underrated QB in the league awhile back, no doubt his accuracy being his best trait.
Totally agree with both points. I don't know how being underrated AND accurate means you are THE MOST accurate, though.

AGAIN, I think Schaub is one of the top-5 most accurate passers in the league. I just don't think he is THE most accurate. Not sure why it's such an issue.