Thread: Speculation: Schneider Available???
View Single Post
Old
01-15-2012, 05:26 PM
Badger36

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan1 View Post
I saw this on the Trade Thread boards...

My question becomes... I believe he is a RFA at the end of the season. If the Canucks are thinking of moving him for some more fire power going into the playoffs, is there a chance the CBJ could make an offer at him to try and resign him as our #1 moving forward??? Do people still feel he can be a legitimate #1 goaltender???

I was curious how other CBJ fans felt about this as I did not see many CBJ responses in that thread... but here's an idea...

What kind of offer would the CBJ throw at them???
I think it would be great if the Jackets could pick him up but Im sure theres other teams out there who would be interested in him and could offer more than the Jackets could.
Also, the Jackets have plenty of goalies already. We already have 2 in Columbus and Dekanich in Springfield. IMO, the Jackets need to figure out what they are going to do with the goalies they already have (if they are going to trade Sanford and who really is the #1 goalie). Mason was great in his first year but he has been less than stellar since then and IMO having a #1 that we can trust would be a big step forward in improving this team.

Badger36 is offline   Reply With Quote