View Single Post
Old
11-07-2003, 12:04 PM
copperandblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
copperandblue,

I am a big fan of Weight too, and still am even after this. But to say he doesn't have a history of doing this isn't correct.

Remember the two-handed slash to Matvichuk's face in the playoffs a couple years back? He was an Oiler then.
Yeah it was Marchment and I remember.

Look I didn't say he was a saint but he hardly ranks as a dirty player and that is all I was getting at.

I was tryingto make the point that 5 games is excessive for someone of his track record, I have seen references to Tkachuk's 10 gamer last(?) year but his track record is much more clouded and he had a stick swinging incident shortly before the one he got suspended for, and I was also pointing out that Allen has been around for much much less time and has done a lot more damage. Bottom line is that he should be suspended, but 2 games is reasonable and 5 or more is too much.

As I said, I don't condone the fact that the hit was too the head, but I can accept that every once in a while you will see players make bad decisions as a result of other players doing things that by all accounts are supposed to be called as penalties. I stand with my opinion that if the ref's call the obstruction penalty,as they are instructed to do, then the incident doesn't occur.