View Single Post
Old
01-15-2012, 07:07 PM
HookKing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
It is called development. He is a rookie. Look at a guy like Daniel Briere who struggled his first few seasons in the league. Loktionov has played what.. 40 games in his career? Half of those he played in a position he isn't comfortable in. He isn't getting the ice time, PP time and the linemates of a top 6 player so to expect him to produce like one all while being a rookie is a bit lofty in my opinion.
In a previous post you said isn't hurting the team. If he is playing on the third line in an energy type role and isn't hurting the team, what more do you want him to do? I want him to score more but that goes with the whole time. That isn't anything that is specific to Loktionov. It has also become pretty clear to me that passing is one of his strengths and shooting isn't. Playing center with limited ice time with two wingers who have a hard time finishing sure makes it hard to produce offensive stats.
You're making my argument -- that he hasn't been "excellent". What I see is a guy with hockey sense and strong passing skills. What I don't see is the strength to dominate and follow thru on plays that results in a goals and assists. His shot isn't that great either. Will he get better, probably. Will the Kings have the luxury of waiting knowing it is a win now situation. Not so sure. Briere is a great example -- he ended up on the waiver wire if I am not mistaken. I don't think the Kings can afford 2 non-scoring centers and expect success in the playoffs.