View Single Post
11-07-2003, 11:12 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Slick Nick

no way you can compare Ovechkin to Stall and Malkin to Horton, it's just not the same level of skill

__________________________________________________ ___

Ok, I'm sold.

Actually though, you should never say no way, unless you really have some serious substance to go along with that statement.

So I suppose you cant compare anyone to the 'almighty' Ovechkin. Seems to be in a league of his own. Hate to break it to you though, Malkin is not in that league with Ovechkin.

Which leads me to wonder, can you compare Staal and Malkin. I think you can. If not, where is the basis to say that you cant. If you can compare Staal and Malkin, then you can compare Horton and Malkin as well, because you certainly can compare Staal and Horton.

In fact, you can really compare most highly regarded prospects. Until they make it to the show and start dominating like the 2nd coming, they are just that, highly regarded players/prospects. As far as I'm concerned, as long as they aren't being compared with Gretzky or Lemieux, compare away. Last time I checked Malkin isn't the next Gretzky or Lemieux, and frankly neither is Ovechkin.