View Single Post
Old
11-07-2003, 11:21 AM
Ryno
BEHOLD!!

vCash: 500
Ramblings Of An Overexhausted Man

I love the Oilers. It's a passion that borders on insanity.

When I'm eating... I'm thinking about the Oilers.

When I'm at work... I'm thinking about the Oilers.

When I'm sleeping... I'm thinking about the Oilers.

When I'm spending some "quality time with the wife"...

I'm thinking about Carmen Electra (whoa, whoa, j/k honey! I love you!)

Anyways, like all of you (I assume), you have thoughts about improving the team, beneficial trades, marketing strategies, and survival post-2004.

At 3:00 am last night, my thoughts came to me in the form of a dream, and I haven't been able to sleep since...

(Dream Sequence)

As usual, I was playing left wing alongside Smytty @ centre (strangely, very effective in all of my dreams), and who I thought Hemmer @ right.

As the game went along, I began to notice that it wasn't Hemsky, but Dvorak on the top wing. You wouldn't notice it, though, he was threading impossible passes like Hemsky, AND going to the net with reckless abandon. Lethal combo!

As usual, I scored a hat trick to beat the Stars in game 7 (not really important to the story, but it makes me feel good about myself )

Naturally, I became interested in the absence of Hemsky. What I discovered has had me thinking about this scenario ever since...

In my dream, Hemsky was traded to Floriday for Jay Bouwmeester.

(Real time)

DISCLAIMER: What you are about to read is purely hypothetical from the Oilers perspective, so, for fans of the Panthers, please don't go flappin' yer wings about the sacralige of trading JayBo. It's PURELY HYPOTHETICAL!! However, your constructive opinion is important to me, so please post if you have something insightful to add. Thanks in advance.

Okay, here's where you all come in. Let's assume that Hemsky contnues on his current pace and ends up with between 70 and 75 points this year... his stock is at an all-time high. Suppose that the Oilers finish the regular campaign in the top 5 in goals for, but in the bottom 5 in goals against.

Suppose in an effort to increase his goal scoring woes, and realizing he has a stable full of young, promisning defencemen, Rick Dudley offers up Jay Bouwmeester (+?) for Ales Hemsky (+?)

First of all, do you make the deal at all?

Second, What would it need on either side of the equation to make it happen?

Thoughts? (Other than I need psychiatric help, I'm well aware of that, thanks )