View Single Post
Old
01-15-2012, 10:55 PM
WeekendAtBernies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I don't think the Flyers should do anything but maybe pick up a depth defenseman or two. Unless Bryzgalov magically turns it around in the post season, then I think that more than anything, they need to stand pat and re-assess everything in the off season and go from there. It doesn't make any sense to make a major move during the regular season if the Flyers are in a one and done position.
If we are in a one and done position (and I think we are), why not make some moves to re-tool? There are teams that are in contention right now who would be willing to give up something nice for Briere (if he were willing to waive his NMC). And maybe he would be OK with it as long as he stays on the East Coast. Buffalo, Washington, NYR (although they'd need to pay double ), etc.

And perhaps Jagr would be willing to move too. You don't know until you ask. I don't know what his motives are... whether he just wants to play where he is wanted and where he enjoys it, or whether he would like one last cup. If the cup is his primary motive, since he has no ties to Philly, I would think he might be willing to go somewhere. I'm not talking about shipping Jagr out behind his back or something... you'd obviously discuss it with him first and level w/ him. He's a legend.

I'm not talking about sneaky back-handed moves here like we did w/ Richie and Carter... I'm talking about going to Briere and Jagr ahead of time and sitting down and talking to them and seeing if they'd indeed be willing to move.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote