Thread: Speculation: John Ferguson Jr. To Become CBJ GM
View Single Post
Old
01-16-2012, 10:49 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

vCash: 500
No offense personally to JFJ, but I really think the CBJ need to be aiming higher than him as a potential Howson replacement.

Its been noted in this thread already that he had some trouble dealing with the albatross contracts of players on the Leafs and this is a similar situation here, too many guys on too big of contracts that they are nowhere near living up to.

Unfortunately, any candidate will have trouble dealing with this roster from the outset. Thats why the next head coach hire is so critical, meaning the next GM hiring is maybe the most important hire, ever, in this organization.

No offense to Paul Fenton, but I don't want another "on the job trainee" like we got with Howson, no matter how much is written that he's ready for "primetime". Gambling on potential is what has killed this organization, as they've already proven they can't foster and build on it. Any GM that comes in here is going to be in a deep hole from the outset, better to have someone who's been through the wars at this level...

JFJ is aiming too low, but it would be a classic CBJ-type move, so I could definitely see it happening.