View Single Post
Old
01-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
I don't see why a team currently sitting in 4th in the conference and 4 points behind the division lead for home ice advantage in the playoffs in January would be looking to be sellers. I see a lot of people just really really want that stud d-prospect, I necessarily don't want that. I want a d-man like Suter and Weber(would be willing to pay the pretty penny it would cost too, but that's just me). When drafting these kids there is never a guarantee if they will become studs and that will most likely happen 3 or 4 years after they are drafted. This team has the means to win now if we can replace Pronger, which I think Homer will do his best to do.

Management has to see this team as a contender because that's how they have looked at this team for years upon years now. They think we can not only get into the big dance but make a serious run for it. I still think once you get into the playoffs, really anything can happen.

I also heard somewhere(I think LeBrun) who said the Flyers wouldn't trade for Suter unless he has agreed to a contract extension before the trade is finalized. So I would be willing to give a good amount for a freshly signed Suter.

Last edited by Prongo: 01-16-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote