View Single Post
Old
01-16-2012, 01:47 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
You do not know that. Minnesota was one the best teams for 30-35 games.
That was a total mirage, as their recent 2-9-4 record indicates. It's a poorly constructed team that is now missing 3 of their top-6 forwards. That pick could very well end up in the top-10 by seasons end, which is good enough value to move Danny for, all things considered.

Quote:
Same goes for Dallas.
Dallas has actual talent and, if they traded for Briere, would have even more talent. They're a playoff team with Briere on that roster. I wouldn't trade Danny there for a 1st.
Quote:
If you do not mind trading Briere regardless of his value and NMC/NTC you should really re-think your vote.
I didn't vote, because it's pretty obvious what the Flyers are going to try to do, regardless of what you or I think should be done. It's the same thing every team does in their position in the standings at the trade deadline.

Quote:
Because you know Briere is getting old, you know he is a bit overpaid, you know that his value is going down finally the most important you know that by the time our youngsters are ready to make real impact we won’t have decent defense and Briere will probably be too old to contribute
That may all be true, but if we can't get proper value for him, then I don't trade him. Should we just get rid of him for a bag pucks?

Quote:
That means you hypothetically agree with me. Even know you are trying to prove me wrong.
I'm not trying to prove anything. There's really nothing to prove. No team in the Flyers current position ever does what you are suggesting. It just doesn't happen.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote