View Single Post
Old
01-16-2012, 02:03 PM
ruckus*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
ahhhhhhhh… no more "clutch" players please! Consistent scoring is MILES more valuable in the NHL than so-called clutch scoring. Mike Rupp is a guy that scores clutch goals. Richards is paid to produce all the time.

Richards' game hasn't been bad, but he needs to produce more for the money he's being paid. At the beginning of the season I posted that he (and we) would have a very successful year if he could hit the 75-78pt mark. That was figuring our PP was going to be miles ahead of where it's been the last few seasons thanks to a legitimate PP distributer and shooter on the top unit.

To be realistic, unless the PP takes off at this point I could see him possibly hitting 65pts. That's just not good enough. Slats paid for a lot more points from Richards when he made his contract offer.
We discussed this in the Dubinsky thread, but one thing that infuriates me are comments like these about a player getting more money. You can pay them more money, it doesn't make them a different player. If Richards has a couple of multi point games getting around 75 points is not out of the question. That's right around what he has averaged since the lockout.

Once everything fits under the salary cap, it's about the entire team. Not how much players X, Y, and Z are making.

All that matters is if the team is winning.

Is it winning?

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote