View Single Post
Old
01-16-2012, 02:14 PM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post

Let me ask you a question. How many 21-22 year old centers who made 17 points followed by 30ish points at 22-23 year olds became 70+ point centers?

He has great 3rd line C potential and he may become a 2nd line center, that's possible. 1st line? I really don't see it.

I really don't consider Eller a great 3rd line center at this point either. I think he has a few years to go before he can be a dominant 3rd line center. I liken his potential more to a Bolland than a Staal. If I may add his, Bolland's career history at same age is better than eller's as well.
ES points? Mike Richards, Mikko Koivu, Ryan Kesler, Loui Eriksson (is a winger but fits the two way mold to a T), Tomas Plekanec and some who haven't reached 70 points (but did reach 60 pts) but are still considered good top 6 players : David Backes and Travis Zajac. Probably missing some as well. All two-way players who sometimes tend to progress more slowly than purely offensive ones but in those kind of players what you usually want to see constant progress in all aspect of the game even while not putting up the points and constant involvment in the play over huge offensive flashes followed by long period of invisibility.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote