View Single Post
Old
11-07-2003, 12:29 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
I want more team players in. Not money players like Jagr. People are so desperate here to see a superstar that they don't realize that NO player alone can make a team win all by himself nowadays. It takes a team effort and chemistry, as teams like Minnesota, Anaheim and NJ have shown in the past. Sure they all had a big name (Gaborik, Jiggy, Brodeur), but what they accomplished was because of team work first and foremost. I'll trust BG as he, both upstairs and on the ice, knows what it takes to win, but I want him to fix the chemistry problem we've had for years and not just go and give a candy to impatient fans. I want to see an Edmonton like team. Not a Jagr like player.

Of course now if he absolutely wants to get Jagr, then what about Perreault, Brisebois, a prospect and a 2nd? This is a huge salary dump. I'm not expecting BG to give away Koivu for Jagr. Makes no sense. Jagr is an enormous problem in Washington. I don't think they'd ask for that much. Just to take the 55M contract would be a blessing for them. I don't think they expect to get an elite player back considering Jagr's ridiculous salary.

EDIT - typo