View Single Post
Old
01-16-2012, 05:38 PM
tomcho

vCash: 500
I haven't updated in a while for those who read my earlier posts you recall the shipping/delivery nightmare of the IcenGo brackets. I never did get everything(no liner repair kit, instructions, rink lines) I filed a dispute with paypay and was refunded 1/3 of the total cost. Not bad considering, the missing items were probably only 1/20 of the cost.

So I finally flooded my rink on New Years eve, with the forecast looking good. The rink looked great when we went to bed at 3am. When I woke up the next day and looked out the window, the rink was empty. The final nail in the icengo coffin, 4 brackets blew out. Everything about this company and their product is horrendous. I recommend everyone to not buy their junk and tell anyone who know who might want to buy it.

Blown out side boards

I was ready to give up when I did a quick craigslist search for Nicerink brackets. I found 36 for sale in Milwaukee. It was a great deal and size I got some money refunded I decided to give it one more shot. Drove up there January 2nd and rebuilt slowly over time.

Nicerink boards up

I begin to flood last Thursday before we got a lot of snow. The timing worked out well since I had open water.

After a quick resurface last night, I had great ice. If the weather cooperates I should be skating Thursday.

If anyone is thinking about building a rink and wants to go the commercial route, without a doubt buy Nicerink brackets, liner, and accessories. The product, support, and facebook have been great.

tomcho is offline   Reply With Quote