View Single Post
Old
11-07-2003, 12:42 PM
Kritty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
(shudder) Aside from moving Tanabe b/c I don't think Phoenix wants to do that just yet, this isn't a bad trade idea. If 'Yotes fans would take Ference for Tanabe, it's arguably the best proposal I've seen here in a long, long time.
Sorry, but I can't agree with that. This proposal does nothing for Calgary. It doesn't work for them on so many levels:

1) Why Boucher? He is a vastly overrated goalie that is no more than a backup with some upside and a nice price tag. Yes, the Flames could use a backup goalie but with the way Sabourin played against Dallas, he looks like he'll be just fine with more playing time.

2) Why would Calgary deal Gelinas? He has played very well for them and is one of their few scoring options. I can't see him being dealt without scoring coming back.

3) Why Tanabe? Yes, he's a nice player but the Flames are very solid on defence now and in the future. Absolutely no need to have him in Calgary aside from his PP abilities.

This deal doesn't do anything for Calgary. I can't see any reason why they make this move.