View Single Post
Old
11-07-2003, 12:51 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
I hate to be negative, but in the Journal today, Comrie seems to have said that he doesn't want to come back:

http://www.canada.com/edmonton/sport...9-90FF10C8FEF6

Meanwhile, Mike Comrie, the notable restricted free agent still left in limbo, is still certain he'd rather sit than re-sign with the Edmonton Oilers.
"I guess I continue to wait. That's all I can do," Comrie said on Thursday before heading out for another late afternoon practice with the University of Alberta Golden Bears.
"I hope something happens soon, but it's now November ... I look at it as sacrificing this time for the rest of my career."

Though your idea is wonderful, it's not going to happen. Too bad, because that would be a much stronger team.
As usual, I took that article differently, especially the part discussing what's at the heart of the conflict. If Lowe won't take calls, and won't negotiate a contract, but instead says "sign for 1.13 or i won't talk", then what is Comrie supposed to do besides wait? He's not going to sign for that amount, he knows it, Lowe knows it, everyone knows it. I'm really starting to wonder if there's a MacTavish angle to this. It sounds like there isn't any effort there to retain Comrie at all. Which would start me up on my "Lowe isn't doing his job" rant again, but this is all speculation, so who really knows.