View Single Post
Old
01-16-2012, 06:38 PM
Hawkaholic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
First of all.. Which line is our third line right now? Surely it can't be Brunette-Bolland-Hayes line.. I mean, Brunette is the slowest player in the league, sucks defensively and has an ugly -10 to show for it.. but wait! Lets just bump Brunette down and put Bickell on the left side, right? Well, no, not so fast.. because now you have a lazy, floating player on your third line, who looks like he doesn't give a **** 95% of the time... that doesn't sound very good, does it? Hmm.. well, I must say, given the choice between Brouwer and Brunette/Bickell on our third line, I'd glady take Brouwer over each.

Brouwer's "horrible" defense on this board has been drastically overstated. I'm not saying he's in line for the Selke, but he's nowhere near as bad as he's been made out to be.
Ya, let's talk about what our 3rd line is now when we have injuries galore.

When Brouwer was on our 3rd line last year we moaned and groaned like we are with Brunette when he plays there.

At the beginning of the year, Bickell was easily Brouwers replacement, can't blame Bowman for that drop off. I am happy without Brouwer on the 3rd line, because it would of been the most over paid, inconsistent 3rd line in the NHL and Brouwer had no place in the top 6.

Yes, Brunette was a mistake, not going to argue that, but it's only a 1 year mistake not a 2.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote