View Single Post
Old
12-28-2005, 04:58 AM
Jaded-Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battousai
Bad grammar and sensationalism of this article aside, I'm a little skeptical about the supposed accusations that have been made by Pittsburgh papers.
I know I promised to keep away, but one last post. It is not just Pittsburgh Papers (and there is much more than just this small excerpt that details this whole issue within this article):

Open season on Sid the Kid began Nov. 16 when he had two or three teeth broken by Philadelphia Flyers' Derian Hatcher. No penalty was called, except on Crosby when he came out of the medical room and was roughed up by Hatcher again and yapped to the referee.

With his needle now pushed firmly into the red, Crosby took control of the game and won it in overtime.

But Flyers coach Ken Hitchcock chirped about him diving and Peter Forsberg chided him for not being rugged enough to take the pounding he can expect all his career.

Whether the Flyers were just indulging in mind games or not, others began chiming in. Buffalo Sabres announcers called him a crybaby and Cherry groused that he wielded too much influence, though Grapes' feud with the Crosby camp goes back to junior for Crosby's alleged hot dogging and snubbing Cherry's junior prospects game.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL...69892-sun.html