View Single Post
Old
01-16-2012, 08:03 PM
sbkbghockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeChris View Post
Yeah, but the level of play from ACHA D1 teams is a lot better than division 2 and 3. Much noticeable difference in level of hockey being played. They should have UofM Dearborn in there instead of Flint. I've seen both teams play... and wow there is a big difference between the two. UofM Dearborn isn't even ranked either... get Penn State and Adrian and Oakland in there and you'll have some good hockey.
I didn't even know Northwestern had an ACHA team, are they new. ACHA DI (esp at the mid level and top level teams differs a lot in skill level between the ACHA D2 and esp ACHA D3 teams. Although there's some lower level clubs that probably should be playing in ACHA DI and also some horrible ACHA DI programs that should drop down a level or two.

I'm surprised Northwestern isn't a bigger hockey school, with at least an ACHA DI team. Also they'd be a good fit for NCAA DI hockey as well. It's characteristics of being a larger, private university with high academic standards fits with many of the other hockey schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismael8 View Post
does cornell in the ACHA is enough good to play in NCAA D3 ?
No. Cornell's ACHA team should probably be in the list of teams dropping to a lower level of club hockey. ACHA DI is becoming more and more talented with the surplus of Jr. A players compared to the growth of college hockey at the NCAA level. A number of ACHA programs have capitalized on this but the parody between mid and top level teams and the bottom is increasing. I have not seen Cornell play but there schedule looks fairly weak and they've had some big losses. One of the few wins I see on their schedule came 6-5 in a shootout to #21 ranked Rutgers. Their roster demographics look more like an ACHA D2 or D3 club with the vast majority being ex high school players.

sbkbghockey is offline   Reply With Quote