View Single Post
Old
12-28-2005, 08:17 AM
The Sneak

vCash: 500
Thrasher fan doing some scouting and wanted to pass along props to the Lion of the North for the gameday thread. Looks awesome and must have taken quite a bit of time. Just wanted to pass along that I appreciate the effort.

As to the game? Reading that your defensive pairings may be a little jumbled due to illness makes me feel a little more confident than I was before entering this thread. I never like playing you guys and the overall record dictates why.

What can you expect from Atlanta tonight? Well, in the past two games against struggling opponents (NJ and Mtl) we dominated defensively. Played some excellent team defense and Michael Garnett made the big saves where needed to pitch back to back shutouts. We did give up a lot of shots to the Habs, but few real scoring chances. It's interesting to say when you have guys like Hossa, Kovalchuk, Savard and Kozlov on our team, but our best line over the past couple weeks has been Slater-Holik-Vigier. They're hustling, shutting down lines and providing the occasional goal. highly effective. The fact that Hartley gets to match lines tonight is another plus for us. It'll be interesting if Hartley matches them up for Forsberg/Gagne all night.

Anywho. I'm lucky enough to be in the house tonight and looking forward to the game. Here's to hoping its a good one.