Old
01-16-2012, 08:51 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

vCash: 500
Blair Betts skating

http://www.timesherald.com/article/2...TS03/120119668

Quote:
VOORHEES, N.J. — Blair Betts has a locker again in the Flyers locker room.

That might not mean much, especially since Betts is still close to a month away from any decision being made if he can return from a debilitating knee injury, but it could also mean a lot.

Follow the logic:
Betts, who has been on the long-term injury list since early October after he was returned to the Flyers following a failing of a physical in Montreal when the Canadiens claimed him off waivers, has been skating for about a week on his own (he was actually joined by rehabbing Phantoms defenseman Oskars Bartulis Monday).

Betts still has several hurdles to jump before he would be medically cleared to play hockey again, but he just might be a post-trade deadline option for the Flyers.

“My conditioning has improved, but my knee still feels the same,” Betts said. “I’m slowly trying to get used to being back on the ice. Mentally it’s been the biggest factor to just change the monotony of being upstairs in the weight room every day.”

Betts said he hasn’t spoken to general manager Paul Holmgren recently, but that he intended to soon.

“I plan on playing this year,” Betts said before adding that he wants to play for the Flyers. “They’ve given me as much time as I’ve needed or wanted to see if I can get myself as healthy as possible and that’s all I’ve ever asked for.”
http://www.phillyburbs.com/sports/fl...a442f6770.html

Quote:
VOORHEES — Bet on Blair Betts playing hockey again this season ... at your own risk.

Whether it be for the Flyers or some other NHL team, the 31-year-old center with a bad knee made it clear on Monday that he wants back before this campaign comes to an end.

A source in the organization said something should be resolved in the vicinity of the Feb. 27 NHL trade deadline.

Betts was thought to be a goner on Oct. 5 when he was claimed off waivers by Montreal. But four days later, after being examined by Canadiens doctors, Betts was ordered returned to the Flyers by none other than NHL commissioner Gary Bettman because of a failed physical.

Since then, Betts has been sort of the phantom (and, no, not Adirondack) of the Flyers' locker room. He hasn't played a minute of NHL hockey and the word was that his knee would never allow a return.

But Betts never gave up. After being land-bound for months, he's now been back on the ice for a couple weeks and sounds like he wants to get back in the game.
What do you guys think? Do we see him in a flyers uniform this season? Could we use him?

If he can come back and be the face off man he's been In the past, I'd have to say try and make it work.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 01-16-2012 at 11:38 PM.
orange is better is online now   Reply With Quote