View Single Post
Old
01-17-2012, 12:50 AM
ColonialsHockey10

vCash: 500
Only got to watch the 3rd period of the Bruins-Panthers game.

I'm so surprised Florida didn't win, and a little pissed off. The Bruins caught some extremely fortunate breaks, as Florida couldn't score for the life of them. That 4 on 3 power play was horrible.

I am SO impressed with Florida's defense. Everyone knows about Campbell, and now Garrison, but Dimitry Kulikov is amazing. Such a fluid passer, shooter and skater, does everything at top level. I think Erik Gudbranson is being developed very poorly, but there's no denying his immense talent, and he has looked a lot better. Absolute monster physically, can skate well, a bomb from the point and he was making crisp hard passes. He got eaten alive by the Rangers in our bouts this year, but there's no doubt he can be there #1 guy in the future (or maybe 1B, as Kulikov is a stud). Mike Weaver is a rock out there, it was awesome watching him battle with Chara in Boston's zone, the guy backs down from nobody. Great skater as well.

Shawn Matthias is a spitting image of Dubinsky as well. He looked awesome.

I think Florida's success this year is riding off a line that will cool down severely as the season progresses, and I'm not sure if they will even make the playoffs, but they have some damn good talent for the future.

And even before his penalty shot, Samuelsson was a steaming pile of **** tonight.