Thread: Larry Brooks: Sather keeps Avery in limbo
View Single Post
Old
01-17-2012, 09:58 AM
ocarina

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus View Post
1. Yes, he's better than John Mitchell, and Kris Newbury, and Erik Christensen, and Mike Rupp. As if I care that Mike Rupp has scored a few goals. People like you couldn't give two craps if Avery score goals, so what's the different? Rupp doesn't have a third of the talent that Avery does and their careers prove that. People ***** about Avery's cap hit and act like paying Rupp what we do is a wise investment. It's hilarious. And I like Rupp. I like everyone on this team. But it doesn't change the facts.
I don't know what "facts" you seem to be abiding by, but Avery has been almost non-existent this year. He had that nice goal at the beginning of the year shortly after he got re-called, but he did almost nothing after that. And it's not like this year is an anomaly, he was declining towards fringe status last year also. He's simply a player in decline.

And somehow, he's better then Rupp and Mitchell? Rupp brings size, versatility and toughness to the team's bottom lines (as well as the occasional timely goal). Mitchell has actually been a nice surprise this year, he can play down low well and he knows what to do with the puck when he gets it. I guess you could justify him being better then Christensen, but really, you think it's worth it to keep Avery's cap hit on the team when he's done almost nothing this year?

Quote:
2. Constant exaggeration about a him is not justified. Constantly stating things that aren't true isn't justified. Avery has had attitude issues his whole career. Great. This is professional sports. He's not the only one. And most of his stuff isn't a big deal, it's just the PC police like you are oh so offended by it. Oh goodness! He called his ex-girlfriend sloppy seconds! Oh my! His mother was in the locker room! Oh Lord! He wore jeans and sneakers!
You know, the world doesn't revolve around to Avery. It isn't that he isn't PC or that he wore sneakers and a t-shirt that's the issue, he violated team rules that are clearly spelled out. Why should he be an exception to those rules? I don't know if you have a job or not, but if you don't follow a business' rules, say goodbye to your job.

Quote:
How does Torts have no blame at all? We're talking about the same guy right? The guy who said he doesn't deserve to be in the league before he became the coach? The guy who benched him in the playoffs for discipline and then got himself suspended (which was even more ironic because Avery was our best player when the games mattered most in that series)?
Yes, blame the guy who has won a Stanley Cup with Tampa Bay and currently has this team at the top of the Eastern Conference.

Quote:
You can't seriously think that I'm outrageous for defending him all the time when he wears jeans and sneakers and it gets turned into him spitting on his coach. Who's is bigger a-hole? Me? Or the people who actually think that's okay? So many of you guys wait for stuff like this so you can turn it into something it's not. And because you don't like Avery the offense is 10x as bad as if it were any other player. It's a joke.
I think the joke is that you are defending Avery so much and acting like he has "untouchable" status, that he can do no wrong, and that he is still an effective player.

ocarina is offline   Reply With Quote