View Single Post
Old
01-17-2012, 01:28 PM
DarrenBanks56

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadLooch View Post
I'm glad you got your rink fixed up. (And that by not listening to me you got to skate on it that much sooner)

I hate those snow to rain storms - they wreak havoc on rinks. We finally got to skate on my rink this weekend, then last night got snow, with rain coming this afternoon. I just hope my son gets home from school in time to shovel what he can. My rink's not frozen solid yet, so in the deep end, the weight of the snow squeezed some water out from underneath, so there's a section that may be rough as you know what after the next sub-freezing night. Guess that's what the hot water is for.

I'm curious if you hooked up a Y-fitting to your washing machine hot water spigot. I did that, and it's great not to have to disconnect then reconnect the machine's hose every time I need to resurface the rink.
i hear ya man. I was up at 5am this morning just so i could get the 2 inches of snow shoveled off the rink before i went to work and the rain hit.
Im glad i got it done becuase its pouring out now.

I honestly didnt even think of hooking up a y-fitting to the washing machine spigot. I have one somewhere in the basement too. so I'll probably hook that up. thanks for reminding me.

DarrenBanks56 is offline   Reply With Quote