Thread: Proposal: Ales Hemsky
View Single Post
Old
01-17-2012, 01:51 PM
Fantom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy7716 View Post
It's widely speculated that the Oilers will trade Hemsky before/at the deadline this year as he is a UFA on July 1st. If Snow could acquire him and try to sign him to a extension I would be all for it. Let's face it, Snow isn't going to sign anyone, let alone someone of Hemsky's talent this summer, so if they were able to trade for him and then sign him to a extension I think it would be a great move. The Oilers like us, are looking for defensemen so I would imagine we could offer Calvin De Haan as part of the package. With De Haan's history of shoulder problems I wouldn't be all that troubled with parting with him considering we have Donovan, Ness, Mayfield and Pedan all in the pipelines. I am thinking something along the lines of De Haan, Bailey or Nielsen and a 2nd for Ales Hemsky. We have Nelson, Cizikas and Strome all in the system who are all centers, I think the team will eventually have to move one of them to make room, so with Nielsen being a UFA and Bailey still underachieving those are probably the 2 likely to go, If the team decided to move a center.

Now I doubt Snow would trade for Hemsky, as it seems he doesn't know that a trade actually is these days anymore, but I don't think it would be a bad idea. He would bring secondary scoring something this team needs badly. He has been injury prone, but if you look at his numbers when he has played he's been pretty much a PPG player, except for this season thus far.

(assuming it was Nielsen who got dealt instead of Bailey)

Moulson-Tavares-Okposo
Grabner-Bailey-Hemsky

Not a bad top 6..

Thoughts?
So trade one of top D prospects for a UFA ?
ummmm why ?

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote