Thread: Switzerland: A hockey weekend in Zürich
View Single Post
Old
01-17-2012, 03:03 PM
krookus

vCash: 500
Thank you very much for your post, holyprime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyprime View Post
What do you exactly mean with hockey cards? There are some fanshops and a sports museum (which is actually in Basel afaik, that would be smth like 45min train/car ride).
By hockey cards I mean collectible trading cards (why not stickers as well) originating from North America. Swiss ones have been produced at least from the early/mid 90s. Here's an example photo of some NHL cards:
http://images04.olx.com/ui/1/50/08/3254208_1.jpg

I'm really looking forward to see the game between the Lions and Geneve. The quality of the league here in Finland is good, but the "Stimmung" in the audience is pretty much, well, nonexistent. Some years ago I saw a game of the Austrian league (Villach) and was almost shocked because of the singing and chanting, and this time I'm expecting for something even better.

Thanks for the cultural tips. I'm sure we'll delve into the night life as much as we can. Approximately how much do pints of beer cost in regular bars and restaurants? What about beer cans/bottles in supermarkets? I hope the weather will be decent in the end of February.

Danke schön!

krookus is offline   Reply With Quote