View Single Post
Old
01-17-2012, 04:05 PM
KingsFan7824

vCash: 500
Wins matter come playoff time. Points matter in the regular season. The Kings dug themselves a bit of a hole in the first half, so they just need to get points from now on. Doesn't have to look pretty. They're going to lose games, and they're going to lose games in regulation, but if they have to lose games, I'll take the point if it's there.

The Kings can keep it up, and maybe take the division, IF, they start getting the kind of contribution from everyone that was expected of them going into the season. Penner, as one example, has his issues, but would anyone have expected 2 goals in 34 games? For a guy that was averaging almost 25 goals a year in his career before this season, I doubt anyone would've expected just 2 goals at this point.

If things keep going the way they have been, then I would doubt the Kings get any higher than 6th. I would still expect them to make the playoffs though. The Kings have flaws, but so do the teams they're in the race with, and the Kings at least have the experience of getting to the playoffs the last two years. That doesn't guarantee anything, but something like that does have some value to it.

KingsFan7824 is offline   Reply With Quote