View Single Post
Old
01-17-2012, 04:52 PM
jgatie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
One death after the 2004 Super Bowl. Another death after the 2004 AL pennant. And a third death after the 2008 Celtics championship.

Dozens of arrests and burning cars after 2007 World Series. Another riot after the 2005 Super Bowl win.

Not picking on Boston. This stuff happens all over the place. Fans in LA, for example, nuked police cruisers after the 2000 championship, and Denverites vandalized dozens of buildings after the Broncos Super Bowl win in the late 90s. And let's not even talk about the '84 catastrophe in Detroit...
The death after the 2004 Superbowl was a car accident, where a foreign student who was not used to driving in Boston panicked and ran a bystander over. Hardly a victim of violent rioting. And I searched for a death after the Celtics won, but came across no mention of any rioting, never mind a death. Ditto to the WS and SB in 2007 and 2005. If there was "rioting" it was small and not newsworthy. I live here, and I don't recall anything except a few rowdy college students.

jgatie is offline   Reply With Quote